While I wait for my gummed-up email box to delete 3+ years of emails, notes, resumes & interview schedules, I thought I would take this time to reflect on the week. I turned 30 (as you are WELL aware by now), and today is my last day with Gap Inc. Watching my Outlook hourglass spasm & tic makes me incredibly happy for the upcoming speedy, hassle-free Google technology.
But sluggish programs aside, I'm just so sad to leave this place. I've learned so much and met so many amazing people.
We were able to get a lot done this week (besides posting bday pictures, which I've been told are on their way today...and they should be totally worth the wait). We saw friends we hadn't seen in too long -- I got to see my Katie, who's been nursing Chris back to health in Virginia, & my Emma, who's been to, what seems like, everyone in Indiana's wedding this summer. We also discovered that it's nearly impossible to find, or get served, a proper cocktail on Divisadero these days (Sorry, Em).
The house is clean, the laundry's done & Pete's alma mater won the College World Series! We made the best dinner of deep pit beef, leftover from my birthday feast, "street tacos" last night. Pete made me a bloody beer, which I LOVE, but made it too spicy & I was up late with a sore tummy :(
HOPEFULLY, we're able to make up for it during this long weekend ( Mine's extra long, as I don't start at Google until July 12th! Hello, mid-day bubble bath...remember me?! ).
OK, email's back up. So, Happy Friday, Happy 4th of July Weekend, & Happy LAST DAY @ GAP!
Friday, July 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment