Tuesday, November 3

She's a Crafty One!

For the past few months, Esme's crafty side has been dormant. With the move & subsequent adjustments involved therein, it's definitely taken a back seat. BUT this past weekend, it decided to come out of hibernation in a really fun way.

Firstly, big Thanks to Jonah & Staci for getting engaged & wanting an engagement party! The soiree gave me a great excuse to not only eat 5 cupcakes, but also hone my party-planning instinct & make decorations!
The letters were all hand-painted with a worn look on silver card stock, pasted on various pretty papers (from Paper Source) & hand-threaded with ribbon.
It turned out pretty well, no?
Now, on to Halloween. I've had this Picnic & Ant tandem costume idea in mind for years now & finally got around to doing something about it! It was sooo much fun to make & wear...although, not a lot of people understood what we were -- they thought I was a donut lady & Pete a burglar. You be the judge!

By the end of the night, I had lost 30% of my fake foodz & Pete's thorax had to be reattached with a belt.

Okay...so maybe my crafting needs a little help, but I'm so glad it's come out of its shell again. There's nothing like a little spurt of creativity to add some much-needed variety to the routine!

2 comments:

  1. correction, my thorax had to be reattached...about ten times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these costumes. I thought he was a roach at first though until i saw your costume. ha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails