Thursday, December 31

That's What She Said: 2009 In VIEW

Ah, 2009. You've been a good year.

We've had some great moments together, haven't we? First and foremost, You brought me Pete & I fell in love. I cannot tell you enough how happy this has made me! You helped me rediscover why I moved to San Francisco 3 years ago (*gasp*). You introduced me to so many wonderful people. You took me to New York after a 17-year hiatus...TWICE! You took me to Seattle twice in one month. You showed me beautiful Arizona sunsets. You presented a very tough career year & hopefully improved my chances for more success in the coming months. You saw close friends get engaged and marry. You transformed me into a flapper for my 29th birthday. You played me oodles of amazing live music (Grizzly Bear, Devendra Banhart, Japandroids, Neko Case, Animal Collective, No Age, Bon Iver...on & on & on & on). You found us a sweet little apartment that we've turned into a home. You bid good riddance to the mean, ugly, bad juju of 2008...

 In short, you kicked 2008's craptastic butt!

 As I sit listening to the best albums of the year on KEXP (check it out -- what a way to close out the year), I'm finding it sort of hard to expound further upon just why I liked '09 so much. If you read this blog (DO you read this blog?...Anyone?...*crickets*), you can tell I prefer pictures over prose. So I'm going to use the time instead to put together a little "Best Of" bunch.

 2009, you will be missed, but I think I'm going to favor your better-looking younger cousin, 2010, even still. 

Love,
Esme

1 comment:

  1. i'm reading the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails