I have taken to wearing red lipstick (Esme here...in case it isn't obvious). No reason in particular…
well, except for these:1. I need something to deflect from the fact that I have zero tan.
2. I wake up approximately 40 minutes before I have to leave for work (and with this rainy weather, it’s becoming even less & less). Hair like mine doesn’t leave much time for makeup. I’ll throw some of this on, curl the eyelashes and *poof* done!
3. How can one possible be angry when wearing bright red lipstick? theory is currently in testing.
4. I’m up for the oh-so-fun challenge of not getting said lipstick all over clothing, napkins, boyfriend’s face, etc.
5. Never mind the looks…I feel like Regina Spektor, Zooey Deschanel or St. Vincent, and am hoping one day I’ll wake up, magically transformed into one of them.
Pretty soon, my co-workers will stop staring at me, wondering why I’m dressed for Halloween, & accept that this is my new “thing”. So far, so good -- I’ve already been stared down by an impossibly chic gay boy on the “T”, asked the name of the color twice & dubbed ‘the naughty librarian’ by my bestie co-worker, Sarah. All these things I could get used to!
Oh, NARS Jungle Red, I have a major crush on you! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
xoxo

you know ive never been so compelled to buy red lipstick...of all things and of all people, you really sold me smee.
ReplyDeletethis is so funny, b/c JUST last night I decided I was going to start wearing lipstick regularly. i have tons of it, but rarely wear it. now is the time!
ReplyDelete