There are changes afoot this week here at Tiger Attack Twins HQ.
As you know, dear reader, Esme started at Google on Monday. She's just three days in, but it has been nothing short of fantastic thus far. I get drool-worthy updates twice daily on what she's eaten for breakfast & lunch, & my big concern right now is..."so when can I come meet you for lunch?"
And the prospect of meeting Esme for lunch just got a lot brighter, because...drum roll please!...I got laid off on Friday.
Yes, total bummer, but I knew that this was one of the possible pitfalls of working for a very small agency, and I'm hopeful that I'll land on my feet quickly. Thankfully, we've got a lot of amazing & well-connected friends who have been quite helpful thus far (thanks again, kids). One door closes & a few new ones open up. That's the idea. I just need to get my foot in the crack of one of 'em, and fast.
On the bright side, I've caught up on a LOT this week. Keep your eyes peeled right here for a special unemployment edition blog, where I recap all the episodes of Matlock I've watched, discuss major coupon-cutting coups, & details all the angry letters to the editor of various local papers that I've penned since getting the boot. One thing you should know about me: I turn into a surly old man when I'm out of work, mothball-scented tweed blazers included.
Okay, not really. Except for the thing about the blazers.
Wednesday, July 14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah you've got those scratchily blazers! congrats to esme, how exciting! and how exciting for you too. you got out of our hell hole before it got intolerable, so if nothing else, this last gig gave you that gift. on to a new adventure, petey! now that you've got all this free time, let's meet for lunch or dinner or drinks. you know i'm off on mondays! - Tre Sea Lions
ReplyDeletehere's a tip - who's the boss is on the hallmark channel from 10am-12pm. yup.
ReplyDelete- natalie m.
i hope you ghost-rid out of that place
ReplyDelete-aaron